There are options for those who have a close relative to obtain legal residence under the category of immediate family, where there is availability of visas. There are some criteria that are taken into consideration to see if it qualifies to submit the petition and are the following assumptions:
- IR1 : Spouse of an American citizen
- IR2 : Unmarried child (under 21 years of age) of an American citizen
- IR3 : Orphan adopted abroad
- IR4 : Orphan to be adopted abroad
- Parent of an American citizen (who is at least 21 years old)
If you fit into one of these categories, you may be eligible for a green card. But you must obtain legal advice to explore your options and have a more concrete idea according to your situation since each case is different.
Now if on the other hand you do not fit with the previous assumptions, you could be eligible then for the subsequent family categories with the exception that they have a priority date, since there is a visa bulletin where it indicates the dates for immigration processing in each category. These are when you have a permanent resident or American citizen relative in the following cases:
- F1 : Unmarried sons and daughters, 21 years of age or older, of American citizens;
- F2A : Spouse and children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of permanent residents;
- F2B : Unmarried sons and daughters, 21 years of age or older, of permanent residents;
- F3 : Married sons and daughters of American citizens;
- F4 : Brothers and sisters of American citizens.
If you have a relative in the before mentioned categories, you may be eligible to make your dream come true. Contact us right away at our facilities where we will gladly assist you in a confident and professional way, without leaving aside that we also have attention in Spanish.