Mesa Personal Injury Attorneys
Have you been hurt in an accident? Are you in need of help suing someone for negligence?
We know that being a victim of an accident can take a huge toll on your emotional and financial well being. This is why hiring an experienced attorney is the most essential decision you can make. Our team of Mesa injury lawyers are motivated to helping clients get back on their feet while healing from an injury at the same time.
Here are a few of the areas we can help resolve:
· Auto accident injuries
· Boating accident injuries
· Dog bites and animal attack injuries
· Trucking accident injuries
· Medical malpractice injuries
· Workplace accident injuries
Your future depends on not just you getting well physically, but also financially. If there is a claim to be made for your injury, we work hard to get you every cent you deserve. We want you back on your feet with the financial compensation you are owed. If you have suffered an injury from an accident, crash, or the negligent actions of others – we will work to get you the settlement you rightfully deserve.
What is Your Injury Claim Worth?
The value or worth of your personal injury claim often hinges on the nature and extent of your injuries and losses as well the fault and liability of other parties involved in the incident. There are a number of different types of damages that you can seek and obtain if you have been injured in a traumatic event such as an auto accident.
- Medical bills: This includes everything from emergency transportation and emergency room costs, to hospitalization, expenses related to diagnostic tests, surgery and doctor appointments. This would also cover costs relating to rehabilitative treatment and care such as chiropractor visits or physical therapy and medical equipment such as crutches or braces.
- Future medical treatment: If you have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries where you may need continued treatment, care and rehabilitation, then, these future expenses should be part of your settlement. Some accident victims may even need round-the-clock nursing care, especially if they have suffered disabling brain or spinal injuries.
- Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical pain as well as the emotional and psychological trauma and suffering a person suffers in the aftermath of a traumatic event. An experienced personal injury lawyer will be able to help you determine what these types of damages are worth.
- Lost wages: Anytime you are recovering from a serious injury, you may have to stay away from work. Some injuries might even take several months to heal. In some cases you may not be able to return to the job you had prior to the accident or you may never be able to work or earn a livelihood again. In cases where you missed a fixed amount of work time, you can claim lost wages by keeping track of the number of days you were unable to work and the wages lost as a result. In cases where you are unable to work permanently, you may be able to seek compensation for lost future income and benefits and lost earning ability.
- Loss of consortium: This covers loss of companionship, sexual relations, aid and comfort that is suffered by a spouse or partner as a result of a personal injury.
Securing and Preserving Evidence
As Mesa personal injury lawyers, we cannot emphasize enough the importance of collecting and documenting evidence after a personal injury incident, be it an auto accident or a workplace injury. There are a number of steps you would be well advised to take to ensure that you have sufficient evidence to substantiate your personal injury claim.
It is always a good idea to get as much information as possible from the scene of the accident. If you need to get to a hospital or emergency room right away, contact a friend of family member who can get to the scene and collect this evidence for you. For example, if you have been involved in an Arizona car accident, you need to file a police report, get photographs of the accident scene, collect pertinent information from others involved in the accident and obtain contact information for anyone who might have witnessed the accident. It might get exceedingly difficult to get all this information once the scene has cleared and everyone has left.
Protect any type of physical evidence from the scene such as damage to your vehicle or bicycle. Don’t get it repaired until the damage has been well documented. Be sure to take good photos of the scene especially ones that show greater detail. Take different photos from various angles. Eyewitnesses can be critical when it comes to corroborating your story. Be sure to get names and contact information for eyewitnesses.
Document all your injuries by reporting them to your medical provider. Photograph all visible marks, lacerations, bruises, swelling, casts or other devices used to treat your injuries. Getting prompt medical attention not only gives you the best opportunity to recover quickly and fully, but also serves as documentation that details your injuries and the treatment you received.
An experienced Arizona personal injury lawyer will assist you by compiling this evidence in a coherent manner and presenting it to the insurance company to help you secure maximum compensation for your losses. When you retain the services of a knowledgeable lawyer early on in the process, he or she can also help you secure a lot of this valuable evidence that can significantly bolster your personal injury claim.
What a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Do For You
If you have suffered a serious injury that required you to be hospitalized or take time off work, you need an experienced lawyer on your side who can help deal with insurance companies, defense lawyers and other parties, and help ensure that your legal rights are protected. An attorney will help collect and compile the evidence you need to prove your case.
While a majority of personal injury cases are settled out of court, there are some cases that do go to trial. In such cases, you will need an experienced trial lawyer who can help you win the case and obtain the compensation you need and rightfully deserve. If the case doesn’t go to trial, a knowledgeable lawyer can skillfully negotiate to help you receive the maximum possible settlement. It is also important to realize that there are filing deadlines to be met in personal injury cases. Your lawyer can help ensure that your lawsuit is filed before the statute of limitations runs out.